Monday, June 9, 2008

i am an idiot...and other tales

So...twice this weekend I had percussion gigs with Mindy Gledhill and Stephanie Smith respectively. (For those of you unaware, in addition to my singer/songwriter thing...sometimes I also work as a percussionist for hire for other singer/songwriters.) And twice this weekend, I thought that since I was just doing percussion, I wouldn't need to bring very many CDs to the gigs. (I always bring a few, just in case.) And twice...I didn't have enough CDs for people who wanted them. You'd think I would have learned my lesson the first night. Nope. So, I apologize to those of you who were disappointed. I am an idiot.

I've been sick this week and it's made it difficult to sing...which has again made me aware of just how much I actually sing during any given day. A lot. Seriously people, I never shut up. I had ask my boyfriend to remind me to stop singing so my voice/throat could heal. He had to remind me like every two seconds.

Also, I've got a show coming up at Velour in Provo. See the News page for details. I love summer.

1 comment:

King Arthur said...

Debra, love your music! I haven't heard you sing live yet, so I do hope that little sickness you have goes away and that your Velour performance is an enjoyable one for ya. Best wishes girl.