Wednesday, October 14, 2009

crappy blog updater

So...this one time...I had a blog on my website. And I kept forgetting about it so I never posted on it. THE END.

Also I'm pretty sure no one reads it anyway.

But guess what?
I actually have something to write about. I just finished a weekend in the studio with the finest bunch of musicians you ever did see. We were recording an album (actually several albums worth) of old hymns and spirituals LIVE in the studio. I've seriously never had so much fun in all of my life. I mean...human interaction...plus music? How cool is that? I feel blessed to have been a part of it. More details later.

In the meantime...
I was part of a
different album of hymns that was just released by the same producer, the almost uncannily talented Scott Wiley. It's called "Nearer: A New Collection of Favorite Hymns. Some of these versions are so great. I really like this album and not just because they let me sing on it. I think you can buy it on iTunes but you can definitely buy it here. This is what the cover looks like:






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Debra! This is Sarah from upstairs, your new neighbor! How COOL that you have this CD of yours, thank you for the generous gift. You have incredible talent. Look forward to getting to know you!

www.cablecarcouture.com

Debra Fotheringham said...

Hey Sarah! Sorry for not responding until now. I'm so used to not having any comments on this blog that I forget to check sometimes.

Björn said...

You may not have many comments, but you should. I like that you post it like "oh, by the way, they let me sing on this album..." I should say I'm usually a bit of a hymn snob. My wife got your album for Christmas, and I started listening on the way to work: the album and your track were fantastic! I really loved it... Thanks for making such sincere music!

Debra Fotheringham said...

Here I go again, forgetting to check my comments. Thank you, Bjorn!