Friday, August 29, 2008

Auction to benefit Nielson Recovery


If you're avid in the Utah blogging world, you may be aware of a tragedy that occurred a week or so ago. The author of a very popular blog, The Nie Nie Dialogues, aka Stephanie Clark Nielson, and her husband, Christian, were in a private plane crash. They are in critical condition in a burn unit in AZ. The recovery will cost millions of dollars. (Please go here to read details of the situation and to find out more about the Nielsons.) Their four young children are staying with family members while they recover, which may take months.

I've never met Stephanie or Christian. I only heard about the situation because I'm a regular lurker on Stephanie and her siblings' blogs. Though I don't know her, Stephanie's positivity and creativity have deeply affected the way I view marriage and motherhood. Her positive attitude has influenced the way I handle situations on a daily basis. Isn't that what we're trying to achieve as artists? Whether we're writers, painters, songwriters, musicians, photographers...shouldn't that be our highest goal? To better a life through something we've created. Stephanie has inspired that goal in me.

Bloggers all over the blogosphere are joining together and offering items for auction to benefit the Nielson's recovery fund. (Maroon 5 has even joined in!) So, I'm offering my own little auction. Here are the two items I am offering:

#1 The Package:
  • An autographed copy of my self-titled album
  • An autographed copy of the little eight song acoustic demo I used to sell
  • An autographed compilation disc of everything I've ever written that is not included on the first two discs. (Unless the winner wants some acoustic versions of songs from the first album.)
  • An autographed 18x24 DF gig poster. (I have extras that I need to get rid of.) :)
  • DF bookmarks
#2 The Concert (for Utah residents only):
  • A private concert in your home for your friends and family
Ok, here's how it works.

To bid on this item, enter your amount in the comments below. Be sure to check the comments already made and bid higher than the current bid. Check back to continue bidding: I will not notify previous bidders. I anticipate that bidding will close on Thursday, September 4th at 10 p.m. (MST).

*EDIT* Auction has been extended until midnight (MST) Friday, September 5th.

I will post the winning bid on the blog and make every reasonable effort to contact the winning bidder via e-mail. The winner will then make a Pay Pal donation to the Nielson fund, email me their receipt, and I will ship the item to the winner or make arrangements for the concert.

100% of the proceeds will go directly to the Nielson family recovery fund. Shipping will be paid by me. Please bid in increments of dollars (no cents). Let's start the bidding for The Package at $40. The Concert at $100.

If you would like to donate without bidding, click the button below:








18 comments:

Curt said...

$45 for the Package. But, really, I have the other CDs. All I really want is the CD with everything YOU'VE EVER WRITTEN.

Unknown said...

$50 for the package. :)

Anderson Family said...

$125 bid for "The Concert"

Jeff Valenta said...

$55 for the Package.

Debra Fotheringham said...

The winner of the package can choose whatever parts of it they want. Some of that stuff I just threw in there to get it out of my house. :)

Jeff Valenta said...

I want it all!
:-)
c'mon you guys, let's make this bidding exciting!
Jeff

Debra Fotheringham said...

I'm extending the bidding time until midnight Friday. Come on people, let's make this competitive and raise some money for the Nielson's.

Debra Fotheringham said...

Ew, gross. I used an unnecessary apostrophe.

Unknown said...

$60 for the package

Shelly Staples said...

I'll bid $300 for 'the concert', plus plane tickets to come up to Seattle for a weekend to perform (if that is a legal bid).

Debra Fotheringham said...

Shelly, you're a gem. I would say that bid is perfectly legal.

Unknown said...

$100 for "the package"
$500 for "the concert" plus lodging and airfare to Mesa.

Give an acoustic concert in our home for friends, family and coworkers of Nie.

My 2 year old son, Daniel, will be thrilled since you're his favorite singer (other than his mom and dad)

Whitney Johnson said...

Hey, I'm Deval entertainment's wife! I teach crafty classes at the same place Nie was teaching yoga (Blissful Living Studios). Unfortunately, I only got to meet her one time before the crash. We would love to support her and her whole family with a great concert and some additional fund raising at the same time! Our whole family are great fans (7 kids...), and DeVal is right about our 2 year old. We have video of him groovin' to your music when he was just about 6 months old - so cute!

Unknown said...

And to the winner go the spoils.

(drat, I missed the deadline to make the final bid on the package...oh well...)

Congrats to the Johnson family! Enjoy your exclusive Debra Fotheringham music and concert and everything else!

...
...
...
I don't suppose I could place a separate request for identical CDS and pay $100 as well, could I? Or maybe $105?

Yes, I know, I'm reaching.
;)

Debra Fotheringham said...

And the Johnsons take it. You are awesome. Thank you!

Michael. I think that would be fine. I will create two packages. Is that unfair to the winning bidder? I'm all about raising as much money for the Nielsons as possible.

But I will close it there.

Debra Fotheringham said...

Michael, as a second place package I will just include the CDs. That sound good?

Debra Fotheringham said...

Johnsons. I am so thrilled to come out to AZ and perform for you and your family...and do whatever I can to help the Nielsons. Thank you again and again. We'll be in touch.

Unknown said...

You better believe that sounds good to me! Yay!