Monday, February 16, 2009

my other life


In another life I am not so much a musician as a science fiction and fantasy nerd. Asimov, Heinlein, Card, Bujold, Tolkien, Rowling, Bradbury, Herbert, Dick, Whedon, Sanderson...you name it. I devour it. I have been writing short stories in the aforementioned genres since I first learned to write in the first grade. I have been reading the stuff since about the same time. I still get as giddy and excited about a good novel as I did when I was a kid. There is never a book far away from my hand...and I have about ten of them currently piled around my bed. That said, I recently saw an advertisement for a local sci fi/fantasy publication and I decided that I am going to submit one of my short stories. So I am dusting off and revising a story I wrote a couple years ago.

I've been listening to the Fleet Foxes CD non-stop in my car for the past few days. Love them.

No comments: