Wednesday, August 8, 2007

if it's nae scottish, it's crap

Hallo from the land of my people...Scotland. Oh my, I love it here. Every single piece of land in Scotland is beautiful...stunningly so. I'm looking out the window of the B&B across green rolling fields dotted with grazing sheep. All the houses are straight from a story book, including the one I'm in...and I just laugh to myself every time I look outside because I can't figure out how one place could be so amazing. I feel some songs coming on. Unfortunately, my guitar is in Germany...and I'm 1600km away (that's right, I said kilometers.) My hands are feeling the deprivation. Sometimes you don't realize the significance of something or someone until it's gone.

I've seen lots of ancient castles and villages and abbeys here in Scotland, but that thing that has impressed me most (other than the scenery) is the people. Everyone is friendly, helpful, congenial. There's a slower pace of life. Most people are willing to help each other out. It's fantastic.

I could do without the poor exchange rate though. Man, this sterling thing is killing me.

Well, it's late. Off to bed.

No comments: